Can I Get My DUI Expunged in Kansas?

Contact Us

Can a DUI Be Expunged?

Until recent years there were no legal means by which an individual residing in the state of Kansas could get a DUI expunged from his or her criminal record. With new legislation and a 2011 amendment to the Kansas Criminal Code, individuals are now able to petition to have a DUI conviction expunged from their criminal record providing that 10 years have passed since the successful completion of their sentence, probation, or diversion and that the DUI occurred on or after July 1, 1993.

A petition can also be submitted to have any arrest records pertaining to a DUI arrest expunged as long as 3 years have passed since any imposed sentence was completely fulfilled, or since the individual was discharged from probation, parole, or a correctional services program.

Should I Expunge My Record?

Employers have access to criminal records when doing background checks before hiring new employees. Lenders will review an individual's criminal record as part of determining whether or not to grant a home loan. A criminal record can close doors and prevent opportunities for an individual who is otherwise qualified to partake in certain advanced training classes, certifications, and more. Let us help you open those doors and make yourself available for opportunities you never thought possible.

How Our Firm Can Help You Move Forward

There are certain circumstances in which an individual may qualify to have their DUI expunged after only 5 years have elapsed since the completion of his or her sentence. An experienced criminal lawyer will be able to review your record and advise you as to whether or not you meet the qualifications to have your DUI expunged.

Our firm has more than 60 years combined experience practicing law, more than half of which has been spent aggressively defending the rights and protecting the freedom of our clients. We understand how both sides of the criminal justice system work and we have seen the devastating impact a DUI conviction, DUI arrest, and any sort of criminal record can have on an individual future.

If you have a DUI arrest or conviction you want to be expunged from your criminal record, call an Olathe criminal lawyer at Garretson & Toth, LLC right away. You will be glad you did.

Related Posts
  • Navigating the Criminal Justice System in Kansas: A Guide to Criminal Defense Read More
  • Understanding Your Rights: The Role of a Criminal Defense Attorney in Kansas Read More
  • What Are the Consequences of Getting a DUI? Read More