Driver's License Suspensions in Olathe

Will I lose my driving privileges if I'm convicted of DUI?

While the criminal penalties and financial consequences of a DUI conviction can be devastating, many convicted offenders soon realize that repercussions to their driver's license are the most difficult. Greatly limiting your mobility, license suspensions, revocations and restrictions can place tremendous strain on you and your family. In addition, driver's license penalties have the potential to negatively impact an individual's ability to commute to work, and if they drive a company vehicle, many additional complications can arise. If you are facing a driver's license suspension for a DUI or any other matter in Johnson County, Garretson & Toth, LLC can provide you with the legal assistance you need to preserve your driving privileges.

  • “Scott's legal skills & finesse, courtroom experience, and commitment to this case were critical.”

  • “Because of you we have our son back with us, in our lives, every day, to touch, hug and converse with.”

  • “Your professionalism and compassion were outstanding.”

  • “I think you did a great job of making certain that the jurors kept their eye on the facts.”

  • “In our eyes, you went above and beyond what a lawyer usually does in a case.”



License suspensions for DUI convictions will depend on a number of factors, including whether or not you have multiple DUI convictions. Generally, license suspensions for first offenses can be as long as one year, with longer terms for subsequent offenses. If you refused to take a chemical test or if you are under the age of 21, you will receive an automatic suspension. There are also many restrictions that can apply, including the installation of an Ignition Interlock Device (IID) on your vehicle.

After an arrest for a DUI, you will be given a temporary license. In order to challenge the suspension of your license, you must request an administrative hearing within 14 days. Our legal team at Garretson & Toth, LLC is prepared to assist you during both DMV and license related issues and during criminal proceedings during the DUI process.


As we understand the debilitating consequences of a license suspension, our firm fights aggressively to preserve your driving privileges. In addition to suspensions arising from DUI charges, we also have the legal skills and knowledge to handle suspensions involving traffic violations and other matters. To learn more about your driver's license issue, contact our Olathe DUI attorney from Garretson & Toth, LLC today.


We Are Dedicated To the Success of Our Clients
  1. 1
    Aggressively Defending Our Clients for Over 57 Years
  2. 2
    We Provide a Unique and Specialized Experience for Each Client Facing Criminal Charges
  3. 3
    Our Firm Provides a Confidential Free Case Consultations
  4. 4
    We Are Accessible to Our Clients and Will Return All Calls the Same Day
  5. 5
    Our Team Is Committed to Obtaining the Best Possible Outcome for Our Clients
  6. 6
    We Are Former Prosecutors, Armed With Invaluable Insights

If You Are Facing Criminal Charges, Our Team is Ready to Help You.

Request Your Free Consultation

Fill out the contact form or call (913) 971-0296 to speak with someone directly.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.